Thursday, April 24, 2014

Loving Our Divine Nature


Due to the book I wrote I was browsing some of the atheist's pages. I used to be an atheist for some time and have (had) a high respect for people risking damnation - according to the teaching of the church.
Yes I remember I was after the initial fear period quite arrogant thinking that I was superior. In a way I am proud that I did not think of them as lower, just me as higher than before. 
Well it was pre-Internet time and the only contacts I had was through books written by other famous atheist and other atheist revealing themselves to me.
The first few years it hardly ever happened but then I found a group and even if not really declared atheists but with a mindset that was broader then mine and for sure not dogmatic even if 2 sons of a pastor were part of the group.
You know sometimes I am asking myself if I was a nice guy or a common a......e?
I had to join the Atheist group to be able to write comments.
I think I write nice comments and even uplifting ones. But many posts I read I do not like. Maybe it is my divine nature (not bragging) that makes me dislike disrespectful comments.
Maybe you have seen the cartoons about Mohamed the Muslim word was outraged about. I saw them too and for my westerner mind it was just a little funny and not disrespectful. And believe me, absolutely nothing compared to what I can read there.
I think the divine nature is an interesting topic! There will be a worship Service this coming Sunday (April 27th at 10 am sharp. Los Banos, Mint Street, if you have nothing better to do pop in, no admission but the service is fairly different from what you probably are used too.
If you come bring your Divine nature with you, and you are well come to show it through your behavior. Maybe in the few days left until then you could ask yourself a few questions like:
How does the divine nature in us evolve despite the hard time and the cruel universe?
Where is my divine nature from? And what will happen with it when I die?
Can I actively improve it?
Years back a read a definition about a lady or a Gentleman, I forgot what it was exactly but I like to thing on is the male the other the female form of the same attitude, personality or upbringing:
A Lady/a Gentleman is a person who is not bored even if alone!
I just recall this morning I got a message in fb going into the same direction: The ability to be alone defines the ability to love.
And love for sure is connected to out Divine nature.
As I said pop in (in time! I am a German and a strickt person J)


Here is the reading from the book A Modern Prophet Answers Key Questions About Life, Book 2, page 85  by Harild Klemp

Old assumptions make us what we are, and those that hold us back from any sort of success are the
hardest to recognize and correct. But it can be done. What better use of a lifetime than to learn better ways to come into the rhythm of life.
Tolerance and love of the Divine Self are at the top of the list. We must love our divine nature before we
can love anyone else, but of course, everything is a matter
of degree. Slow and easy does it.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment