Wednesday, March 26, 2014

My appology to the Mormons

In the eBook "And Lead us into Temptation or: The benefits of a 'false' Prophet" in chapter The structure of the universe I wrote:
"And our Gods?
It seems they are basically planetary entities.
Sure in the bible it says: " … and the stars", but in the books it is more or less a name for some shiny dots in a far distance. Astronomy in the meantime has discovered more than 1000 planets in the galactic near vicinity of earth and there are millions of galaxies out there." 
There is not only the Indian Pantheon of the gods, there are also the Mormons.

One of my brothers is a member of the LDS (later day saints) and he had given me the Book of Mormon. I started to read it. As a German I started to read from the start and it was a genealogy, a family tree sort of. To say the least it was boring because none of the names meant anything to me. So I skipped a few pages and it was about fighting. 
I wanted to read about love, the love of God for its creation and I only found notes about wars. For you who do not know I am a conscientious objector, a person who is against war in general. To make a longer story short I put the book of Mormon aside and never again touched it This morning in Google + I came across this cartoon from the 1980.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7q6brMrFw0E

 The comments in Google + say that it is about 90% right. This clearly means that the outlook of John Smith war not local but actually galactic .
 Again my apology. But then I had been talking to a number of their missionaries here in the Philippines as well as in Germany and never ever got an idea about their galactic outlook. I will talk to them and probably will have to revise my attitude towards them.
And my book?
In the next edition I will have corrected this flaw. 
It is not a huge problem for me. It actually is the way I think the universe works. We start to learn about a subject and see a lot of things we do not know. It even may be overwhelming. But we learn and we master one chapter after the other and reach a point where we think we know everything. 
Many or most stop there!
For those who do not, often a whole new set of questions opens and so do doors for learning.
Have a great day and find a new level of learning for the field(s) you know all about!


No comments:

Post a Comment